- Postage or shipping will be at your expense and we will notify you of the exact amount. Deliveries to mainland UK will normally be sent by “Next Day Delivery” service. Overseas shipments will be sent by courier with full tracking details. Unless otherwise instructed, all shipments will be insured in transit at our expense.
- Delivery will be completed when we deliver the Items to the address you gave us.
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we will notify you that the Items have been returned to our premises, in which case, please contact us to rearrange delivery.
- For manuscript and high-value individual Items current UK & EU export licensing regulations apply.
- If you order Items from our site for international delivery, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
- You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Items are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
TITLE AND RISK
- The risk in the Items shall pass to you on completion of delivery.
- Title to the Items shall not pass to you until the earlier of:
- us receiving payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for the Items, in which case title to the Items shall pass at the time of payment of all such sums; and
- you resell the Items, in which case title to the Items shall pass to you at the time specified in Clause 7.4.
- Until title to the Items has passed to you, you shall:
- store the Items separately from all other Items held by you so that they remain readily identifiable as our property;
- not remove, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Items;
- maintain the Items in satisfactory condition and keep them insured against all risks for their full price from the date of delivery;
- notify us immediately if you become subject to actual or threatened administration, insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings or are otherwise unable to pay your debts as they fall due; and
- give us such information relating to the Items as we may require from time to time.
- Subject to Clause 7.5, you may resell or use the Items in the ordinary course of its business (but not
otherwise) before we receive payment for the Items. However, if you resell the Items before that time:
- you do so as principal and not as our agent; and
- title to the Items shall pass from us to you immediately before the time at which resale by you occurs.
- If, before title to the Items passes to you, you become subject to any actual or threatened
administration, insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings or if you are unable to pay your debts as they fall
due, then, without limiting any other right or remedy we may have:
- your right to resell the Items or use them in the ordinary course of its business ceases immediately; and
- we may at any time:
- require you to deliver up all Items in your possession which have not been resold; and
- if you fail to do so promptly, enter any of your premises or of any third party where the Items are stored in order to recover them.
PRICE OF ITEMS AND DELIVERY CHARGES
- The prices of the Items will be as quoted on our site or catalogues from time to time or as otherwise communicated to you by a member of our staff. We take all reasonable care to ensure that published prices of Items are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However if we discover an error in the price of Item(s) you ordered, please see Clause 8.5 for what happens in this event.
- Prices for our Items may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have confirmed with an Order Acceptance.
- The price of an Item includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Items in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- Our site contains a large number of Items. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Items on our site or catalogue may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Items you have ordered we will inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Item at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Items to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
HOW TO PAY
- You can only pay for Items by credit or debit card, cheque, bank transfer or Paypal.
- Credit card
We accept all major credit cards. Credit Card payments are usually processed in sterling. Invoices are issued in sterling.
Sterling and US Dollar cheques are accepted. If paying by cheque, please make it payable to Shapero Rare Books Ltd.
- Bank Transfer
Direct transfers may be made direct to:
Sort Code : 18-00-02
Account : 05877504
GBP Account: IBAN: GB35 COUT 1800 0205 8775 04
EUR Account: IBAN: GB31 COUT 1800 9110 5749 64
US Dollar Account: IBAN: GB53 COUT 1800 9110 5749 56The BIC for all Coutts accounts is COUTGB22, IBAN’s are listed below:GBP: GB35 COUT 1800 0205 8775 04USD: GB53 COUT 1800 9110 5749 56EURO: GB31 COUT 1800 9110 5749 64
- Credit card
- Payment for the Items and all applicable delivery charges shall, unless specifically agreed otherwise, be made in advance of us dispatching the Items to you.