Printed caption below reads: ‘This fort, as it now stands, was principally built by Akbar, in the latter part of the sixteenth century, and is of great solidity and above a mile in circumference. It was taken by Lord Lake in 1803. It overlooks the Jumma, the bridge of boats overwhich, as also the railway station, are distinguishable in the plate.
Impey (1830-1904) served most of his career in Rajasthan, becoming the Assistant agent to the Governor General in Rajputana in 1856 and the political agent in Alwar in 1858. He published eighty-one photographs in a volume titled Delhi, Agra, and Rajpootana (Cundall, Downes and Co: London, 1865), with notes on the images.
Albumen print. Good tonal range and in good condition. Mounted on card. Printed caption below.
Stock ID: 75191