SELL RARE BOOKS & FIRST EDITIONS
Shapero Rare Books is always interested in acquiring rare books and first editions, of a similar quality to those found on our website, from single volumes to entire libraries.
Read the following information on selling rare books and first editions to Shapero.
We pay promptly and are able to pay in Pounds Sterling or US Dollars.
What you need to tell us
Author – the author’s name as it appears on the title-page
Title - as it appears on the printed title page (not the front cover)
Edition – the edition number (if given)
Date & Place – the place of publication, the name of the publisher, and the date
Binding – is it leather or cloth; does it have a dust jacket?
Defects – are there any defects (torn pages, chipped dust jacket, stains)?
What do we need to sell your rare books?
Photographs – at least two photographs showing the binding and the title page and any defects that we should know about
What are we looking for right now?
- Winston Churchill – books written by, or signed photographs of
- Jane Austen – early editions
- Charles Dickens – first editions
- Roald Dahl – books in dust jackets
- Ballet Russes – books, prints, programmes, signed photographs, original works of art
- Guidebooks – 19th or early 20th- century, particularly Baedekers
- Mountaineering – first edition / signed copies of early 20th- century mountaineers (Eg. Shipton, Tilman, Hunt etc)