SELL FIRST EDITION AND RARE BOOKS
The team at Shapero Rare Books are always interested in acquiring rare books and first editions, of a similar quality to those found on our website, from single volumes to entire libraries.
Read the following information on selling rare and first edition books to Shapero.
We pay promptly and are able to pay in Pounds Sterling or US Dollars
What you need to tell us
Author – the author’s name as it appears on the title-page
Title - as it appears on the printed title page (not the front cover)
Edition – the edition number (if given)
Date & Place – the place of publication, the name of the publisher, and the date
Binding – is it leather or cloth; does it have a dust jacket?
Defects – are there any defects (torn pages, chipped dust jacket, stains)?
What you need to send us to sell your rare books
Photographs – at least two photographs showing the binding and the title page and any defects that we should know about
What are we looking for right now?
- Winston Churchill – books written by, or signed photographs of
- Jane Austen – early editions
- Charles Dickens – first editions
- Roald Dahl – books in dust jackets
- Ballet Russes – books, prints, programmes, signed photographs, original works of art
- Guidebooks – 19th or early 20th- century, particularly Baedekers
- Mountaineering – first edition / signed copies of early 20th- century mountaineers (Eg. Shipton, Tilman, Hunt etc)